Friday, January 4, 2013

Time Marches On

It's that time again . . . when the magic of the Christmas season has been carefully packed up and put away, resolutions have been penned (and perhaps forgotten), and offices are open for business as usual.  Life, as we know it, has returned to "normal."

I am currently "tapering" for the Goofy Challenge, which means I am doing my best to stay hydrated and not eat junk food.  Also, I am running less miles, which will give my poor tired legs an opportunity to recover before I take on 39.3 miles.  I am also making mental checklists, collecting what I will need for race weekend to make certain that I don't forget anything important - you know, like running pants.

In addition to getting ready for Goofy, I am also preparing to begin my 11 week training plan for Ocala.  My very awesome friend Pete composed a schedule for me to follow.  The first week looks like this:


  • Sun, Jan 13:  Swim 2000m (drills), Bike 1 hour (HARD)
  • Mon, Jan 14:  Run 45 min, Strength training
  • Tue, Jan 15:   Bike 75 min, Swim 1500m
  • Wed, Jan 16:  Active Rest; Strength training
  • Thu, Jan 17:  Run 60 min
  • Fri, Jan 18:  Swim 800m, Bike 20 miles, Run 5k
  • Sat, Jan 19:  Run 45 min


Now, I know this looks intimidating, but in all actuality, it's not too bad!  Also, and I am being honest with myself, I will most likely NOT be running until at least Thursday.  So I will substitute with swimming and biking.  

Most of the workouts will take 2 hours or less, which is perfect, as it is still basketball season and I am a little short on "free" time.  So if you are in Clearwater at LAF around 5am, let me know - I'd love company :-)

And so I run . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment