Thursday, May 16, 2013

These are my confessions

My very first week of 70.3 training, and I already dropped the ball.  Yep, I am talking about skipping workouts.  This was not intentional (what is it they say?  "The path to hell is paved with good intentions?"), more like poor time management on my part.  Obviously I need a personal development plan for MY LIFE, not just my job.  Sigh.




The good news is that I can get back on track and finish out the week strong.  The workouts I missed this week were a 1600m swim, a lower body leg workout, and a 1 hour bike followed by a 2 mile run.  This is my NEW plan for the week:

Thursday  
Scheduled:  2000m swim, upper body strength set
New Plan:  Full body strength workout, 1 hour bike, 2 mile run

Friday
Scheduled:  3 mile run
New Plan:  1600m swim, Full body strength workout, 5 mile run, 1 hour bike (gonna be a two-a-day!)

Saturday
Scheduled:  2 hour bike
New Plan:  2 mile run, 600 yard swim, 1 mile run, 2 hour bike

Sunday
Scheduled:  4 mile run
New Plan:  2000m swim, 4 mile run

And there you have it - all workouts completed, in my own sort of wonderful blender.  I remembered why I had been rising well before the sun to exercise - it's difficult to find balance at times, to attend the parties and date nights and trips to the grocery store, cleaners, coffee shop, plus still train effectively (and by train, I am including foam rolling, massage and chiropractic visits, ice baths, cross training, rest days and actual training) without ending up all by your lonesome.  



My apologies to Coach Pete and Coach Lyle.  I know I said I would follow the plan this time.  And I will.  No more skipping workouts and cramming them in at the end of the week.  I promise to only swap days if needed, not adding to or subtracting from the schedule as I choose, simply because my lazy behind hit the snooze button at 4:15am and I went home to watch Glee after work :-)

My apologies also to all of you who support me - without your encouragement, I wouldn't sign up for crazy event after crazy event!  

While I train for Augusta, I am raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  I have chosen to do so to celebrate my 15th year in remission from non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  When I was diagnosed, I had only known two other people who had what I had - they both passed away before the age of 18.  I was blessed with a second life, and I am paying it forward.  Every single dollar we raise helps to fund research that will, one day, find a cure for cancer.  

My goal is to raise $1000 by June 15th, and $2500 by mid-August.  Please visit my webpage to join the journey, to be a hero to millions fighting a good, hard fight.


Stay tuned for weekly updates!!!!  This is one summer you don't want to miss!

And so I tri . . . 

4 comments:

  1. Don't let it happen again! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what i have the a-train for, hahaha! i don't want pete being disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You WILL be at track workout once this month. I need you there to get my tail going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, yes. next week. it starts later, right?

    ReplyDelete