Monday, March 23, 2015

I want it, but I don't

That's where I am currently in my training . . . wanting the coveted 140.6 status, not wanting to get out of bed at 3:45am every morning for the next 5 months to train.  What was I thinking?  Oh, yeah - that I would get back into shape, and show my son that anything is possible.  Granted, he is only 9 months old and will have NO CLUE what the significance of the big, red M-dot plastered everywhere entailed, but he will have the pictures, stories and life lessons for the remainder of his life.  Lucky kid, huh?

Yes, I will be that person who becomes a walking billboard for Ironman.

As much as I'd like to scratch this event, I've already made it very well known that I am doing this race, and so I will.  Coach Gene kicked me in the behind after our ride Saturday and scheduled two evening swims this week.  Kari told me that since we've seen each other more in normal clothes rather than spandex, we have not been riding or running enough.  Touche, friends.  Touche.

And with that, I am ready for Build 2:

This week's workouts:

  • Monday:  Swim 1:00:00, Bike 0:55:00
  • Tuesday:  Strength 0:30:00, Run 0:40:00
  • Wednesday:  Strength 0:30:00, Swim 1:00:00, Bike 0:50:00
  • Thursday:  Strength 0:30:00, Run 0:35:00
  • Friday:  Strength // Active Recovery
  • Saturday:  Brick 2:00:00 (Bike 1:10:00, Run 0:10:00)
  • Sunday:  Run 1:10:00, Swim 1:00:00


Some of these may get switched around, as my pool isn't open on Sunday, so I may go Friday instead.  I added extra strength workouts, simply because I like going to boot camp.  My MAIN goal this week is to get in the pool and swim.  So please ask me about swimming.

In other, non-Ironman news, my sweet baby boy is now 9 months old.  The consensus is that he will be walking within 2 weeks . . . I am not ready, he is growing too fast for my liking.  He loves our dog, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, books, snacks (okay, food, in general), laughing and cuddling (okay, maybe I like that).  He is energetic, spunky, determined, temperamental, curious and oh-so-sweet.




1 comment: